BeeKayMakes Nettle Tweeds on BBC ONE



Nettle Tweeds?! Yes, you can make yarn & textiles from local stinging nettles! I have this conversation a lot, and I enjoy it every single time. The humble stinging nettle is a source for textiles with integrity and an impressive heritage.

.
I am so grateful I had a chance to tell the world about nettles being a local and sustainable fibre plant. Or at least about 2m people in the UK that watch the Antiques Road Trip on average, ...
.
I weave my nettle tweeds as a 50% British lambs-wool, 50% nettle blend. Some say this is the best of both worlds: the drape and comfort of wool and the lightness, hypoallergenic and super sustainable qualities of nettle.
.
Above all, it feels good. I was delighted how much Catherine, the presenter, enjoyed the luxurious drape and softness of my nettle tweed shawl!

.
And yes, I did get my shawl back :D :D :D